Every dairy cow,
whether she lives in a conventional farm
or an organic farm,
is destined for slaughter.
It’s THAT simple.
But if that’s not enough to get you to stop consuming dairy products, try these reasons:
* The “organic” label requires access to the outdoors, but cattle can be crammed together outdoors, too.
* The “organic” label doesn’t prohibit cruelty such as tail-docking without anesthetics.
* Organic dairy doesn’t prevent calves being taken away from their mothers and turned into veal.
* The “organic” label doesn’t prevent cruelty during transportation or slaughter.
* The “organic” label laws are not adequately enforced.
* Organic dairy is still dairy… and has a proven link to cancer (see The China Study). It’s not a health food.
* Organic dairy – at current and increasing consumption rates – is still bad for the environment. The waste has to go somewhere.
* If the choice were between standard dairy or organic dairy, then organic dairy is a better choice.
But that’s not the choice you have. You have a far superior option: veganism.
If you need more info, check these out:
- Why Veganism Is Important – LOVE
- Myth: Happy Cows – Humane Myth
- “Free Range” – Choose Veg
- Label Loopholes – Humane Facts
- Organic Milk Goes Corporate – Mother Jones
- Scandal in Organic Dairy Industry- Organic Consumers
- Food Labels Explained – Cheap Healthy Food
- Milk Integrity – Cornucopia Institute