October is Vegan Month of Food. Vegan Soapbox will have something about vegan food virtually every day for the month of October. Today: Sweet & Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pie.
- Prepared pie crust (many are vegan, read the ingredients)
- 1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (pure pumpkin, nothing else)
- 8 ounces plain Tofutti “better than cream cheese” (or another brand of vegan cream cheese)
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 cup vegan sugar (evaporated cane juice or “raw” sugar)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Blend pumpkin, cream cheese, soy milk, sugar, agave, and spices in a food processor or mixer. (Make sure to blend completely.)
- Pour pumpkin blend into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for an hour.
- Chill for an hour or two before serving. (It’s even better if chilled over night.)