October is Vegan Month of Food. Vegan Soapbox will have something about vegan food everyday for the month of October. Today: A fantastic cookie recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp chocolate extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drop spoonfuls onto lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from Where’s The Revolution?