Veganism seems to be at an all time high right now.
There’s tons of news about vegan this or vegan that all over the web.
Here is a slice of veganism and animal news online:
- The big April Fool’s joke this year was this: Barack Obama stated “Yes, I am now a vegan.” and then the fooled got rick rolled.
- The Vegetarian Carnival #15 is up and lists plenty of great resources for vegetarians and vegans. For example, featured stories include “Twenty-One Reasons to Eat Like a Vegetarian”, “Vegan Kauai”, and “Food Matters – But Can It Cure Cancer?” And then, of course, there’s an article from Vegan Soapbox: 5 Tips For The Traveling Vegan. If you blog about vegetarian or vegan things, consider submitting some of your blog posts to this carnival. Or… join another carnival or start your own carnival.
- Oprah is having a show about puppy mills this Friday (April 4, 2008). She’s reportedly changed her mind about buying purebred dogs from breeders and pet stores. She’s said, “I would never, ever adopt another pet now without going to a shelter to do it. I am a changed woman after seeing this show“
- “Don’t Trust Me”, the animal snuff film on display at the San Francisco Art Institute has been permanently closed. And thankfully, other galleries are rejecting it as well.
- Animal Person blogs about the oxymoron that is “humane meat”.
- Vegan Talk recommends Cheezly. “It tastes really good. It sort of reminds me of dairy[...], but not enough to gross me out. “
- The NY Times wrote about some feminist reactions to some types of animal activism. Suicide Food takes on the meaty offensive ads.
- More animal-related news bits from SuperVegan.