News and views from across the vegan and animal-friendly web.
Today we’ve got stuff about Tony Gonzalez, California fires, and a new film about Swine Flu.
So check it out.
And as usual, if you’ve got vegan news, recipes, or stories to share, leave them in the comments.
- Dairy: “Sixty percent of adults can’t digest milk” says USAToday >>
- Podcasts: Animal Person (aka Mary Martin) was interviewed: “Martin discusses her love of animals and her love of language, and how she sees the two converging.” Go here to listen >>
- Pop Culture: “Jesus VS Hitler: Vegan Cage Match” read it here >>
- Workers: “Two dozen people were exposed to ammonia fumes at a South San Francisco salami plant. Eight of these people were hospitalized.” more here via vegan.com
- Utilitarianism: “How Much Direct Suffering Is Caused by Various Animal Foods?” I hate it. It leaves me with a really icky feeling because I don’t particularly like utilitarianism. But I have to admit, this kind of comparative numerical analysis is compelling to some people. So, check it out >>
- Vets: “My thesis is simple: If there is a professional veterinary group that works for an animal-use industry (e.g., the American Association of Swine Veterinarians, which typically works for large-scale pig producers), these vets are in the employ of industry and their ‘science’ often reflects the thinking of the industry itself.” Read what Wayne Pacelle has to say about bias >>
- Pets: VCA Animal Hospitals Offers Free Boarding For Pets Affected By LA Fires read details here.
- Film: “Flu Factories: Tracing the Origins of the Swine Flu Pandemic”
- Liberation: “Animal Liberation is Human Liberation. Humans are animals. Accepting these first two sentences is critical not only to aid other animals, but to create a framework that will most efficiently lead to the evolution of humanity.” read more here >>
- Football: “Tony Gonzalez insists that his success on the football field is most closely tied with adopting ‘vegan principles,’” read more >>
- TwitterACritter: “Just three simple steps can save a pet…even if you can’t adopt!” details here.
- Vegan Food: Just kidding about the stews! We got ‘em! Here you go >>