Right on schedule,* here’s your round-up of vegan news, food, et cetera.
We’ve got pizza, mink farmers “crisis,” Engine 2, rabbits, and happy meat.
- Food porn here: BitterSweet (link)
- Ethical Pizza offers you a picture of pesto pizza (link)
- Everyday Dish has got recipes and how-to videos for you (link)
- Quick and easy potato soup (link)
- Seitan’s second day (link)
- Time to go to DeVry and get a new career, mink farmers: “P.E.I. mink farmers, feeling the sting of world markets with pelt prices down 30 to 45 per cent from last year” (link)
- “Cutting back on beefburgers and bacon could wipe $20 trillion off the cost of fighting climate change. That’s the dramatic conclusion of a study that totted up the economic costs of modern meat-heavy diets.” (link)
- Happy “meat is high-priced, and its production is an even less-efficient use of land and resources. It is often marketed as luxurious, an indulgence to be lingered over. It is inherently not adaptable to a national or international solution. Local organic meat is for an elite few, and not a practicable alternative to the massive crisis of industrial meat production.” (link)
- “If you love something, you don’t kill it” (link)
- “How many humane groups does it take to figure out that an animal welfare organization should champion the saving, not the taking, of animal life?” (link)
- Erik Marcus interviewed Rip Esselstyn, author of The Engine 2 Diet: Click here to listen.
- Compassionate Cooks discusses rabbits: Click here to listen.
* There’s no schedule. I’m just kidding.