Time for the round-up of vegan related news, gossip, and more.
We’ve got recipes, video links, nutrition info, and other fine stuff right here in one, nice, little ball of blogging.
Please leave your animal-friendly and vegan-friendly links in the comments below!
- Red Lentil Soup… so yummy! (link)
- How to eat an artichoke (link) What a great simple, elegant vegan dinner: artichokes.
- Recipe search >>
- “A new study shows that consumption of cured and smoked meat and fish is correlated to the risk of leukemia, the most common form of cancer in children, while higher consumption of vegetables and bean-curd is associated with reduced risk.” (link)
- President Obama wants Americans to know he is “open to any idea whether it comes from a Democrat or a Republican or a vegetarian.” (link) Guess we’re our own political party now, woohoo!
- Matt Prescott from PETA was on Glenn Beck’s show talking about veganism and climate change. Beck comes across as an anti-animal person, but he respects people who aren’t hypocrites. So… it’s more important to be consistent than to be ethical or logical. Dear Glenn Beck, I think you have whacked priorities, but whatevs, at least you didn’t talk over Prescott the whole time. (link)
- Previously, Glenn Beck called eco-friendly kids “The new Hitler youth” (link)
- Signs of mercury poisoning: can’t remember eating tuna, can’t remember why you went to the hospital. (link)
- Vegans, Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi, will be honored at The 23rd Genesis Awards (link)
- Carrie Underwood is after my husband! Just kidding, but she says she wants a home cooked vegetarian meal for Valentine’s Day. Lucky me, I’m getting that! (link)
- Animal Person, Mary Martin, tackles Temple Grandin’s latest “humane” BS (link) Tracy wrote about it too, here >>
- PETA gave an award to CeeTox for its work in developing toxicity tests that don’t require harming animals (link)
- Farm Sanctuary has a blog post about cows and steers like Cupid below who have heart shaped markings (link)
- Survey about diet and lifestyle. This is a good one to send to friends and family members who are “on the fence” about going veg. (link)
- New Vegan Freak podcast: Valentine’s Day (link)
- Ecorazzi has a collection of veg Valentine’s stuff (link)
- Contest from PETA: All you have to do is post a comment. I’m liking this generosity. (link)
- New website: Animal Rights Violations (link)
- The undeniability of intersectionality: “Is there a right way to promote intersectionality and the idea that all struggles are one struggle?” (link)
- Excellent story about poultry workers from last year deserves your attention.
Please go read and watch the video clips >>
- Omega-3 In A Vegan Diet? No Problem.
- The Line Between What We Believe And How We Behave