In the first part of this series, we looked at the accomplishments of Vegan Soapbox.
There are successes all around us! 2010 has seen incredible progress for animals!
Let’s look at some of the accomplishments of vegan and animal rights organizations:
- Vegan Outreach leafleters have handed the powerful, persuasive booklets to more than five million students! Mostly likely, these leaflets have encouraged thousands of people to go vegetarian or vegan and inspired thousands more to reduce their consumption of animal products.
- Mercy For Animals (MFA) conducted two undercover investigations in 2010. One was of a dairy and the other was a veal farm. Both made the news and both highlighted the rampant animal cruelty that exists on factory farms. You can see all their investigations here >>
- Compassion Over Killing (COK) turned 15 years old in 2010. In the last 15 years they’ve been responsible for incredible changes to that benefit animals.
- The HSUS helped pass Prop B in Missouri, which adds protections for puppy mill dogs. The HSUS helped pass the Animal Crush Video Prohibition Act of 2010. Among many other campaigns, the HSUS has investigated the egg industry.
- My own smaller organization, Vegas Veg, helped put up vegan billboards that were viewed over 1 million times.
This is just a small taste of what the animal movement is doing. Many other organizations have worked tirelessly in 2010 to produce effective benefits for animals, and still others are working hard to make improvements for the environment and human health through advocating for veganism.
Do you have a success story to share? Please leave a comment below!