Mercy For Animals recently investigated Bettencourt Dairies and found shocking animal abuse.
Bettencourt supplies dairy (used for cheese) for fastfood restaurant Burger King.
The investigation led to three charges of criminal cruelty to animals.
Here are just a few of the abuses captured on hidden camera:
- Vicious beatings of cows, violently twisting their tails in order to deliberately cause suffering
- Workers dragging a downed, suffering cow by her neck on a tractor chain
- Extremely unsafe working conditions
- Unsanitary working conditions, including feces-covered floors
- Sick or injured cows left to suffer without veterinary care
Mercy For Animals is urging Burger King to implement meaningful animal protection guidelines for all dairy suppliers, including zero tolerance for animal abuse, care for “downers,” and an end to mutilations without painkillers. They say:
“Burger King has the power and the moral responsibility to help end some of the worst forms of animal abuse in the dairy industry.”
Consumers also have the power and moral responsibility to end animal abuse, not just in the dairy industry but in all animal agriculture. They can exert their power by making vegan choices everytime they eat. Go vegan: save animals, live your conscience, reject animal cruelty.