Wide Circle Vegan Investment Fund has done a market analysis that clearly demonstrates not only why vegan investing is a smart bet, but also that animal advocacy has been very effective in recent years. From their statistics:
- Sales of vegetarian foods in the U.S. were estimated at $2.8 billion in 2006, which represented a constant-price growth rate of 72% since 1998.
- 3.2% of U.S. adults follow a vegetarian diet, up from 2.8% in 2003 and just 2.3% in 2000.
- 4% of adults in Canada follow a vegetarian diet and 10% of the English identify themselves as either vegetarian or vegan.
- Younger people are moving towards vegetarianism, with 10% of the 25 to 34 year olds saying that they never eat meat.
- the vegetariansite.com, an internet business that sells a wide variety of vegan products, has seen 20% annual growth with increasing orders from Canada, Europe and Japan.
- The July-December 2007 newsstand sales of Vegetarian Times increased 19.4% over the same period in 2006.
So go ahead and bet on vegan business with your dollars! And bet on the animal movement in general. We’re making waves!
via Our Hen House