PETA released their “2008 State of the Union Undress.” (linked here, not shown here)
It was similar to last year’s. The tactic used here, nudity, is similar to most PETA tactics in that it’s controversial. It’s a very inexpensive video to produce that yields enormous media responses and keeps PETA in the news.
Some activists think this kind of activism steps over the line, while others think it’s fine. One thing we can all agree on, though, is that PETA doesn’t represent all vegans.
The blogopshere is discussing PETA’s video. Check out these articles for blogger responses:
- State of the Union – Elaine Vigneault
- More Porno “State of the Union” Shenanigans From PETA – SuperVegan
- peta’s state of the union undress – “Luther”
- On Nudity With Politics
- one video=two kinds of sad – Gently with a Chainsaw
- State of the Union UNDRESS. (No Bush)