There’s a new vegan community you may want to join. It’s called L.O.V.E. which stands for Living Opposed to Violence and Exploitation.
Here’s how they describe themselves:
Mission: L.O.V.E. works to promote the understanding of speciesism as a form of oppression and veganism as a positive, effective response to eliminating speciesism and achieving the liberation of animals oppressed by speciesism.
Vision: L.O.V.E. seeks to accomplish the elimination of speciesism through the following means:
- Promoting a veganism that is accessible to all as a response to speciesism to its members and the general public.
- Fostering positive discussion amongst activists and the community about veganism and speciesism.
- Offering tools, resources and support for members to promote veganism to the public.
- Acknowledging that speciesism is a form of oppression amongst many, that all forms of oppression are intertwined, and that no oppression is tolerable.
Values: L.O.V.E. promotes the following values amongst our members:
- Positive, constructive outreach creates positive, effective activists.
- L.O.V.E. serves as a safe-haven for discussion, growth, and change.
- Collectively, we honor a commitment to local, community-based activism and a pledge to support local activities to the best of our abilities.
- Members strive for honest and open communication, including an understanding that challenge and criticism are a welcome opportunity to grow as activists.
I just recently joined since I feel that this organization accurately represents my goals and philosophy. If you’d like to join, check out the website: http://loveallbeings.org/
Thanks to: Striking at the Roots