Kaye Spector wrote:
I adopted a vegan-based diet almost a year ago. The most common question I get is,”What do you eat?”
So here is the answer, a bite-by-bite account of what I ate over three days this week.
I was inspired, so now I’ll share my own food diary for the last few days:
- Breakfast: Bowl of oatmeal sweetened with maple syrup. Coffee with hazelnut flavored soy creamer.
- Snack: Strawberry smoothie made with strawberries, water, soy milk, and Vega vegan protein powder.
- Lunch: Boxed rice and bean mix. Steamed green beans with salt and a green salad with vinaigrette dressing.
- Snack: Baby carrots and hummus.
- Dinner: Bean tacos with lettuce and salsa. Tater tots and katsup. Water.
- Snack: Handful of peanut butter pretzels.
- Breakfast: Bowl of oatmeal sweetened with agave syrup. Coffee with vanilla flavored coconut milk creamer.
- Snack: Apple and a handful of corn chips.
- Lunch: Two flatbread sandwiches with hummus, lettuce, carrots, and eggplant. Cranberry juice and seltzer water.
- Dinner: Spaghetti with primavera sauce. Side green salad with vinaigrette dressing. A glass of red wine.
- Dessert: Vegan jello.
- Breakfast: Bowl of oatmeal sweetened with maple syrup. Coffee with plain soy creamer.
- Snack: Fruit smoothie made with apples, peaches, water, soy milk, and Vega vegan protein powder.
- Restaurant lunch: Vegan tuna wrap and baked potato chips. Water.
- Snack: An apple and a banana.
- Dinner: Baked sweet potato with margarine, steamed mixed veggies with salt, and a green salad. Water.
- Snack: Toasted English muffin with peanut butter.