It changes all the time, but here are my current favorite websites that help make the transition from nonvegan to vegan. Please let me know what your favorite vegan sites are, too. I want to make sure the Vegan Soapbox link directory is stuffed with great resources.
Finding vegan or veg-friendly restaurants:
Both websites offer listings for restaurants that can not only accommodate a vegan, but can please your taste buds and make you feel welcome.
Learning to cook vegan food:
- Everyday Dish: http://www.everydaydish.tv/ The videos are extremely helpful and the recipes are tasty!
Getting educated about the issues (nutrition, cooking, animals):
- Compassionate Cooks ‘Food for Thought’ Podcast: http://www.compassionatecooks.com/podcast.htm Colleen is quite the inspiration. She’s full of passion and knowledge. She’s a pleasure to listen to.
Discussions regarding veganism, vegetarianism, animal rights, etc.:
- The PPK: http://www.postpunkkitchen.com/forum/index.php They have forums for parenting, politics, cooking, events, etc.
- Live Your Values: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5473738085353371179 It’s peaceful and short. An easy watch.
- Earthlings: http://www.earthlings.com/ A feature length film that’s difficult to watch, but extremely inspiring.