We all need a little help now and then.
Whether we’re new to the vegan lifestyle or being vegan is old hat, a list of useful websites is a great resource.
So here is a fantastic list of links for any vegan or vegetarian.
In fact, these are great even if you’re not vegan!
- whyvegan.com – great overview for the three main reasons for veganism: people, animals, and the planet
- humanemyth.org – why “happy meat” isn’t enough: it’s not sustainable, it’s not really happy, and it’s not good for your health
- humanefacts.com – labels lie, learn what the words “free-range” and “humane certified” mean
- www.tryveg.com – guide and recipes
- htwww.vegkit.org – how-to guide
- www.goveg.com – veg starter kit and more
- www.chooseveg.com – recipes and information
Inspiring Videos about Veganism:
- Nonviolence United: http://www.veganvideo.org/ – peaceful, happy images with solid reasons for veganism
- Meet Your Meat: http://meat.org/ - graphic images of factory farming (how most animal products are produced)
- Farm to Fridge: http://meatvideo.com/ – an up-to-date look at modern animal agriculture from Mercy For Animals
- www.veganhealth.org – in-depth articles and resources about vegan nutrition
- www.veganfoodpyramid.com – general guideline for how to eat a balanced, vegan diet
- pcrm.org/health/diets/pplate/power-plate – the Power Plate is a good basic guideline for how to eat healthfully
- www.happycow.net – find a veg-friendly restaurant or healthfood store where ever you go
- www.vegguide.org – a guide to vegan restaurants
A few of my personal favorites:
- www.compassionatecooks.com – check out the podcast, then head over to the forum
- www.veggieboards.com – large messageboard for vegetarians and vegans
- theppk.com – forum and recipes galore
- vegnews.com – magazine dedicated to promoting all things vegan
- www.vegansoapbox.com/ – of course, this is a collection of vegan news and recipes and more in a blogish format
I hope you found this link list useful. You may want to bookmark it for future reference.
Oh and feel free to copy and paste this collection into an email or blog post to share with others.
This post was originally published in April of 2009. It has been updated and republished.