Did you know that the leading cause of death for animals in America is the same cause of death for humans in America?
Billions of animals die needlessly in slaughterhouses simply in order to satisfy “unapologetic omnivores” who think it’s perfectly “natural” and “healthy” to eat dead animal flesh at every meal.
Millions of humans die needlessly from preventable and reversible heart disease, cancers, and type 2 diabetes, which stem from unhealthy, meat-centered diets.
Save animals. Save the planet. Save yourself.
Note: image is of a human heart with heart disease. If you thought it looked like meat, you’re right, it does. In more ways than one.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) “Leading Causes of Death” 2006. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/FASTATS/lcod.htm retrieved September 12, 2009
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) “Livestock Slaughter 2008 Summary” http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/usda/current/LiveSlauSu/LiveSlauSu-03-06-2009.pdf retrieved September 12, 2009
- American Dietetic Association (ADA) “Vegetarian Diets” http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/usda/current/LiveSlauSu/LiveSlauSu-03-06-2009.pdf retrieved September 12, 2009
- Campbell, Thomas et.al. The China Study. Dallas: Benbella Books, 2005. http://www.thechinastudy.com/
- Barnard, Neal. Dr. Neal Barnard’s Program for Reversing Diabetes. New York: Rodale Books, 2008. http://www.nealbarnard.org/diabetes_book.htm
- Esselstyn, Jr., Caldwell. Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease. New York: Avery, 2007. http://www.heartattackproof.com/