Flashback Fridays are a look back at the past week… and a bit further. It’s a collection of links into our archive, reorganized, for easy reading.
Plus, a couple videos.
Here are the news links, articles, and videos posted at the Soapbox this last week and some oldies at the bottom:
- One Happy Ending – A lamb born on a truck headed to a slaughterhouse was rescued.
- Hug A Vegetarian Day
- Good Egg Project – “Donating eggs to hungry people is kind of like donating Bloody Marys to thirsty people.”
- Scare Tactics -”How must we react as a movement against such a storm of scare-mongering”
- A Case For Animal Rights
- A Vegan Cowboy?
- 13200 Pigs Killed Every Hour In The USA
- Plus, here’s an inspiring video:
- Fantastic Vegan Recipes
- A Tale Of Two Dinners – “I worried a little, thinking that this whole-foods low-fat meal might make people feel like that hadn’t had enough to eat.”
- A Vegas Pet Overpopulation Conference – There exists a clear need for ‘marketing’ shelter animals to overcome common misconceptions. If the shelters won’t do it themselves, it’s time for others to step up and help them.”
- The HSUS Shelter Pet Project Website – “even though the leading cause of preventable death for animals in the US is slaughterhouses, another leading cause of preventable death for animals in the US is ‘shelters.’”
- Vegan Education – Never Give Up! – “when people say that promoting veganism is hopeless, I remind them that I used to be just like the people we’re trying to educate today, and look at me now! There is always hope.”
- Write For The Animals – “From writing articles in your local paper; publishing a letter-to-the-editor or OP-ED; blogging; or even through personal narrative, the art of the written word is something any activist can tap into.”
- Are You The Next Vegan Guest Blogger? – “We are always looking for new vegan voices to engage, educate and inspire Soapbox readers.”
And here are a few analogies from past posts:
- Planet: Using technology to make factory farms less environmentally damaging is like driving a hybrid SUV in Manhattan. Sure, it’s a hybrid, but it’s also an SUV and it’s Manhattan. It’s… selfish. (link)
- Animals: Raising and killing your own pigs is like killing the family pet. (link)
- Education: Vegan education is like sales. (link)
And here’s a video created by LiveVegan on YouTube: