Summer is heating up so it’s time to showcase some cool vegan ice cream!
Here are your top 5 resources for filling your pie-hole with pie’s favorite side: ice cream.
Plus, one more option to melt in your mouth.
1. Make your own ice cream using recipes from Vegan Scoop or Lick It! Homemade ice is almost always the best, so long as you use a good recipe and follow the directions. And it’s also the most fresh tasting, with real fresh fruit or nuts.
2. You can purchase Turtle Mountain ice creams and Tofutti Cuties at some grocery stores. Just look in the freezer section near the dairy ice cream. If you don’t see it, ask a grocer to help you find it because someties it’s in a special “natural foods” section instead. And if, they haven’t got any, ask them, “Why not?”
3. VegNews lists “10 Great Vegan Ice Cream Shops” around the country. On the list: Atomic#7 in Vegas (you can mail-order if you need to!) and Lula’s Sweet Apothecary in NYC. Check out the entire list >>
4. A number of websites sell vegan products, including vegan ice cream. This is a good option for a gift. You can order vegan ice creams from Oh! Nuts online here >>
5. And at some restauants, you can just ask for vegan ice cream! If they have a special vegan menu then chances are they will offer a vegan dessert.
6. If you can’t find vegan ice cream, try a sorbet. There are plenty of fruit sorbets widely available at grocery stores and restaurants. There are even chocolate, coconut, and vanilla sorbets, too.
So there you have it. Six options for satisfying your Summer ice cream dreams. Enjoy and stay cool!