One of the “tools” that will make you a successful vegan (rather than a failed vegan who goes back to vegetarianism or omnivorism) is to make some vegan friends.
When vegans are such a small minority of people (currently, vegans represent about 1-2% of the American population) it can be tricky to find others. Here are some suggestions:
- MeetUp (potlucks, protests, and more): http://vegan.meetup.com/
- Vegan Drinks (monthly bar gatherings for vegans): http://www.vegandrinks.org/
- Veggie Boards (web forum for vegans and vegetarians): http://www.veggieboards.com/
- Post Punk Kitchen (vegan web forum and blog): http://theppk.com/
- Veg Haven (MySpace/ Facebook for veg*ns): http://www.veghaven.org/
- Vegan World (similar to Veg Haven): http://www.veganworld.com/
- Veggie Date (for singles): http://www.veggiedate.com/
This is, of course, an incomplete list. There are lots of other resources available online to help you find other vegans. But this should get you started. Enjoy!