The Animal Legal Defense Fund ( http://www.aldf.org/ ) works to protect nonhuman animals through the American legal system.
ALDF works to protect animals by:
- Filing groundbreaking lawsuits to stop animal abuse and expand the boundaries of animal law.
- Providing free legal assistance to prosecutors handling cruelty cases.
- Working to strengthen state anti-cruelty statutes.
- Encouraging the federal government to enforce existing animal protection laws.
- Nurturing the future of animal law through Student Animal Legal Defense Fund chapters and Animal Law Program.
- Providing public education through seminars, workshops and other outreach efforts.