Here are some ways to go vegan:
1. Just do it – go vegan cold turkey. Just stop consuming animal products today.
2. Get vegan cookbooks and start cooking vegan.
3. Do a 30 day challenge. Go vegan for a set period of time, like 30 days, and see how it feels.
4. Go vegan one day a week. Expand that to two days a week and more…
5. Go vegan at home. Don’t allow animal products into your home. Only cook vegan foods.
6. Go vegan when you go out to eat.
7. Make vegan friends. Find them at your school, meetup.com, or online at vegan forums. (Here are some web forums: Happy Cow, Post Punk Kitchen, Speak Out, Vegan Forum, Vegan Represent, Vegetarian Society Forums, Veggie Boards, Compassionate Cooks)
8. Drop dairy. Stop eating animal products one by one, starting with dairy.
9. Explore new vegan foods. Instead of getting rid of nonvegan foods, add in more vegan foods.
This is me, by the way. Eccentric Vegan = Elaine Vigneault.
I made this video to suggest a few methods of making the switch from being an omnivore to eating a plant-based diet. If you’re a vegan, please consider making a video yourself about how you went vegan or what you eat.