The Vancouver Sun has an article about how to help teens transition to vegetarian or vegan diets. The article assumes the parent is nonveg so it goes over some basic information that isn’t appropriate for a veg parent. But either way, at the end of the article it offers five simple meals that plenty of veg teens will just love. Check them out:
- Baked potato topped with canned beans in tomato sauce, grated cheese or soy cheese and a tossed salad.
- Taco salad with black beans, salsa, avocado, taco chips and salad dressing.
- Vegetarian pizza with peppers, onions, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese or soy cheese.
- Stir-fry with mixed Asian veggies, tofu, sesame seeds or other nuts and teriyaki sauce served over noodles or rice.
- Chick pea or lentil Indian curry with veggies served with naan bread or rice.
Read more at the Vancouver Sun >>